At Bike Therapy, we are seeking an experienced “bike geek” to lead our service department.
The Service Manager is a full-time position responsible for every aspect of the service department operations as well the productivity of the mechanics and the quality of the repairs. Contributes to the overall success of the company by participating in all aspects of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain workflow of service department, managing and motivating service staff
- Establish and maintain service department policies and procedures for managing work schedule, warranties and maintaining shop supplies
- Ensure that proper safety practices are being followed
- Ensure good communication between sales and service departments
- Provide training to mechanics as needed
- Help maintain a positive work environment
- Minimum of 2 years retail experience
- Minimum of 3 years professional bicycle mechanic experience
Skills and Traits:
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, sociable, gregarious
- Excellent mechanical skills: Especially desirable if experienced with suspension rebuilds and wheel building
- Strong verbal communication skills: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Ability to work in a dynamic, multi-functional, multi-cultural environment
- Able to sit or stand and walk throughout the scheduled work shift
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this job, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions
- Able to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Awesome, fun work environment with like-minded bike enthusiasts
- Competitive earnings, including bonus opportunities
- Paid vacations (full-time staff)
- Paid holidays (New Years, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas)
- Medical insurance available (full-time staff)